Monday, July 28, 2014

Tintin Movie by Spielberg - A Retrospective

"Every time I find something new, it's always about a story. Whenever I find something new to do, I get excited again. I become a kid again. The fountain of youth for me is an idea or story. I either come up with it myself or read something that somebody else writes and I say, 'Oh my God, I've got to tell that story. I've got to make that movie.' That's what keeps me going..."  
            - Steven Spielberg


Steven Spielberg is a man that needs no introduction. He is one of the most influential and inspirational minds in cinema and arguably the most successful (and versatile) director of all time. 

While Steven Spielberg’s "The Adventures of Tintin" was not a major box office success in US (made only $77 million), the worldwide take ($373 million) was far more impressive. And though the motion-capture film was not an incredibly faithful adaptation of Hergé’s beloved comic strip, it was considered by some to be the old school Spielberg action-adventure that "Indiana Jones IV" should have been. The Adventures of Tintin 2 is slated to be directed by Peter Jackson and might hit theaters in 2015, if all goes well.

Read the brief bits on his 1st Tintin movie (2011) and some nice insights.





1 comment: